Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Entertaining angels

   I am a believer that we have guardian angels. I also believe that some of them are our family. My next door neighbor growing up tells me that I used to talk to my dad in the sky like he was sitting next to me. Kids are innocent so I tend to think they hear them more than we adults do.

    When Autumn was 2, she came into our room about 2am one night. She was a good sleeper and had never done that before. She said Jason's Pop-paw had said goodbye. I thought she was dreaming until about an hour later we got the call that Pop-paw had passed away 5 minutes before Autumn came to wake us up. I fully believe he came to tell her goodbye.

     This leads me to my current angel visiting me as I like to believe. I have relatives who visit my dreams. It used to depress me but I soon realized they always had some word of wisdom that later came in handy. They know that I can't learn a lesson the first time, I gotta learn it five or ten times before "I get it".

     Lately it's been my Popaw in my dreams. He's not one that comes in dreams a lot for me. My Popaw was a farmer. He loved nature and he loved to paint it. The day that he died, I was sitting on my patio crying. A mama doe brought her twins into my backyard. My backyard became their playground that summer. They always came on days I was anxious, sad, or had some hurdle I was trying to jump. I just always knew it was Popaw. The timing was always perfect and always lifted my spirits. The deer became so used to me I could slip outside and watch them for an hour. Mama doe always knew I was there but she let them stay. The last two years like clock work a mama doe brings her twins to my backyard to play.

     Right after my Popaw died, I also started finding four leaf clovers. I remember as a kid him leaning down and picking one to show me. I had never had found one before. That summer I found over 50. I pressed them and made them into bookmarks. They were everywhere I went. Last summer, they started showing up everywhere again about the same time. I didn't find 50, but I did find a good 25 last summer. I've been a little anxious and praying a lot about things going on lately. So it doesn't surprise me at all that I came across four 4 leaf clovers tonight at sunset. It's like a forehead kiss from him telling me everything is gonna be just fine.

Luke 4:10
10 For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully;

Hebrews 13:2
2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.







No comments:

Post a Comment